Sunday, May 10, 2015

More Knitting

Add caption

I made these to match the poncho/wrap thing I made before. 

This sock is a story. The yarn is from Tara, and I combined 3 different balls for the pattern. But while I love the way the colors come together, I think I'm going to have to rip it out and rethink the whole thing. For one thing both the toe and heel (short row style) are way too pointy. But more than that, the 3 yarns are totally different in terms of, well, everything. They're all sock yarn but the blue feels like it has linen in it, the tan is straight up wool (I think), and the multicolor one might have silk in it, based on the feel. So the stretch, weight, and even thickness varies enough that I just don't think it will wear well at all. So while I like the way the colors combine I don't think this one has legs. It was fun to knit it though and I learned a thing or two so not a complete waste of time! 

No comments: